I will have traveled farther than this dude. Of course, he didn’t have jets at this disposal.
I have plotted my entire RTW trip on a travel map at Traveller’s Point web site. This includes, buttons that provide specific information about the place I am visiting. At the bottom of the dialog box that appears at each destination, you can “Read more” about that particular country. Additionally, this map has “Zoom” features to reduce and magnify the map. To the left of the map, you can “hide” the Trip Detail text to view the map completely.
View the Full Size Interactive Map by clicking Travel Map.
These are a few of the statistics I will accumulate during my RTW trip:
1. I will travel 27029 miles (or 43,497 kilometers for you metric people).
2. I will visit 12 countries, which includes 2 airport layovers/transfers (Fiji Islands and Qatar). Possibly 15 countries, if I visit Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam overland while in Thailand.
3. I will spend approximately 19 days strictly traveling via airplanes, taxis, buses, etc.
4. I will have circled the Earth 1.1 times.
5. I will have gone farther than Ferdinand Magellan, who failed to circumnavigate the globe in his effort in any single try. His combined efforts allow his name to receive the credit though.
6. Christopher Columbus made 4 voyages across the Atlantic, but he didn’t go around the world. What a piker (grin).
Yes, I will have traveled farther than Christopher Columbus.
Where I am going (not interactive though – go to the link above in the text. However, it will enlarge by clicking on it)